Wednesday 5 June 2013

Besan instead of soap!!

It has been years since i used soap to wash myself!! (occasionally i have used soap though, during emergencies or when i am running out of time!) I have been using this from the past 6 years with no side effects! My beautician keeps saying it is strange i don't have blackheads when i used to go for a clean up
(i have oily skin ! very oily! )  . And now, i stopped going for a clean up every month :) . I don't use the same things always. I keep changing them according to the season.

THINGS YOU NEED:

SUMMER:

1. Besan/ gram flour 

2. turmeric powder (kasturi haldi )

3. rose water ( try making it at home )

(i)Take required amount of gram flour, pinch of turmeric in a bowl.
(ii) Add enough rose water to make in into a paste.
(iii) use this instead of soap.

 WINTER:

For winter use coconut oil instead of rose water which helps in preventing dry skin which is one big problem in winter :( even for oily skins like mine!


FOR DRY SKIN:

raw milk can be used for dry skin instead of rose water.


FOR TAN:

use curd instead of rose water and leave it on your skin for 20 minutes or until it dries. wash is of with water.
people with oily skin can also use this :)




PS: there are few people who want to experience that "soapy" feeling when the take bath. For this, take kunkudkai/ soap nut/ reetha , crush them with a hard material and remove the seed inside. Soak it in water for 3 to 4 hours (over night is better) and then mash it with your hand till the water turns brownish. Add this water to get that soapy and clean feeling you get when you use soap. :) :)





NOTE!!!!!

there are few of my friends who complain they get rashes if they use besan powder. Sensitive skin please DO NOT USE THIS!


13 comments:

  1. Hey! I use besan powder on a daily basis. Its really effective but it isnt helping me with my tan. I will try the curd and see if it helps.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can even try tomato and lemon for tan. :)

      Delete
    2. I have oily pimple prone skin? Is besan mix with curd and rose water effective for skin ? Please suggest.

      Delete
  2. Hey can we apply tan besan packon an regularbasis for the wholebody?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hie... Will dis remedy be useful in reducing tan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amzing and how can we make rose water in home, am curious to learn
    Healthy Beauty Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hv too much dry skin tht I itch whole day.. will besan help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hv too much dry skin tht I itch whole day.. will besan help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use coconut oil as a moisturizer and apply honey+milk once a day to the dry ar

      Delete
  7. What quantities do you use of everything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. use curd it is recommended by doctors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.my skin complexion has darken since a few years before my skin use to be milky white also I have these tiny hard blackheads type bumps all over my chest and back.can u recommend something

    ReplyDelete